TeachingBooks allows you to easily refresh lessons and create renewed excitement for readers during the second half of the school year. Discover new resources and activities for both classic and modern titles.
Literary Digital Escape Rooms
By popular demand, we have a new thematic list! Check out our Digital Escape Rooms list to see all the titles that include digital escape room activities. Find them within the Book Guide, Lessons, and Activity Kits section. Duplicate the list into your account to save it.
- Reinforce nursery rhyme vocabulary with My Very First Mother Goose by Iona Opie and Rosemary Wells.
- For our middle grade Percy Jackson Fans, explore this series digital escape room.
- After reading 1984 by George Orwell in high school classes, go to the digital escape room to break away from Big Brother by deciphering codes.
Support ELA Programs
Support ELA program titles with supplemental related books. Reinforce content, build background, and strengthen vocabulary using additional titles and activities. Easily search by subject or Language Arts Reading Programs.
- Compare Galdone’s Three Billy Goats Gruff with Mac Barnett and Jon Klassen’s new Three Billy Goats Gruff.
- Utilize the literature-based Vocabulary Lists Collection to improve language knowledge and comprehension with practice directly from the text.
- Access this Lit2Go list of complete audio book readings for classic titles, such as Romeo and Juliet, to provide learning style differentiation.
New Titles and Resources
Refresh your classroom or library collection with resources for recent award winners. Listen to the Meet-the-Author Recordings, audiobook excerpts, and book trailers to sneak a peek at your choices.
- Browse Recent Book Award Winners & Honorees.
- Explore the Diverse Books Collection.
- Examine state booklists at Your Reading Lists.
What’s working for you?
We’d love to hear how you’re using TeachingBooks resources in your classrooms and libraries! Leave your ideas in a comment below.